On our latest visit with Good Morning Texas, we discussed the importance of spring cleaning, and some of the benefits you can reap from it. Taking the time to focus on the cleanliness of your living space and HVAC system can help keep your air clean while it circulates throughout your home. You may be spending a lot more time at home these days, and it’s important that your indoor air quality is safe and healthy for you and your family, including your pets!
What are the health benefits of spring cleaning?
As mentioned previously, right now, we’re home more than ever. A good spring cleaning can help give your home fresher, cleaner air, and help you control your indoor allergies. Cleaner air in your home can positively impact your overall health, which can help in preventing you from catching colds or viruses.
What does a healthy spring cleaning involve?
Sanitizing your home has never been more critical than right now. The CDC has some great guidelines for you to follow, and here are a few you can easily apply to your spring cleaning routine right away:
- Use disposable or reusable gloves when you clean
- Clean surfaces with soap and water, then disinfect
- Make sure you clean surfaces you don’t normally think of, like ceiling fans, which can accumulate dirt, dust, and pollen
- Clean overlooked areas such as the tops of your refrigerator and kitchen cabinets
- Clean high-touch surfaces (door knobs, light switches, etc)
- Make sure your home is well ventilated while cleaning, especially when using stronger/harsher chemicals
How can we spring clean our AC systems?
- Make sure you change your AC filters often. The frequency of changing your air filter depends on the size of your system, as well as usage. This can range anywhere from a monthly change, to a change every 6 months. If you notice your allergies flaring up in your home, consider changing your filter right away
- Changing your air filter has the added benefit of reducing any allergies your pets may have as well
- Run a wet rag over your vents. If they are covered in dust, a duct cleaning may be in order. You should have your ducts cleaned every 2-3 years
We’ve been in the business for 30 plus years, and we’re here for you and your family just like we always have been. Stay safe, and stay cool. Call us today, we’ve got your HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing needs covered.